Sunday, January 16, 2005

Various Ramblings about my child

Did you know children will do absolutely anything to avoid going to sleep (especially when you really want them to)? I thought Jack had tried everything until last night. He had gone to bed. I was in our room folding clothes when I heard him moving stuff around. Geno was in the living room watching TV. I asked him to tell Jack to go to bed (the rule in our house is to be in the bed-with the idea in mind that if you lay in bed long enough, you will go to sleep). Geno called me to come and look. What had he done now? I went in to his room-he had cleaned it(!) What exactly am I supposed to say to that?
We started Jack's first grade curriculum this week. One of the things that we supposed to do is memorize verses from the book of Proverbs. I carefully explained to him what proverbs were, etc. We started working on Proverbs 9:10 (The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.) I explained the verse and what it meant. We repeated it a couple of times. When we get to the "address" part, Jack says "Problems 9:10." Of course I laughed and corrected him. Well the little ham always has to repeat a line that gets a laugh. Now he keeps saying it to be a smart alec.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I joined a gym. They have child care center there, and Jack went there on Friday when I did water aerobics. He had a really great time, but he told me he wants to take Daddy the next time so Daddy can make the other kids laugh.
Well, I guess that's enough for now.

No comments: