Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ice storm


I was all ready to complain about the ice storm and all of the problems it caused me, but somehow I can't. Last evening when we were on our way home from trying in vain to find a kerosene heater, even my Eeyore husband noted how beautiful everything was covered in ice. This morning I took these pictures, but they really don't do the scenes' justice. When I was outside this morning, the hymn For the Beauty of the Earth kept running through my head. Here are the first and last verses of it:
For the beauty of the earth, For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth, Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise This our hymn of grateful praise.
For Thyself, best gift divine, To our race so freely given,
For that great, great love of Thine, Peace on earth and joy in heaven
Lord of all, to Thee we raise This our hymn of grateful praise.

Amen.

No comments: