Saturday, March 01, 2008

Winter Blahs

I have really suffered this year from the winter blahs. I live with two "eeyore's." I love them both but about this time of year, they can drive me a little nuts. I've also had some extra stress this year. I branched out in my business in October. I contract to the government for the services I provide, and long story short, I wasn't paid for anything I'd done until last week. I have two employees to pay for these services, rent, utilities, etc. so it's been a little stressful. I've also been sick and had a problem employee with whom I've been struggling. There are a few other things that have happened as well. All of this has added up to me feeling pretty blah. I wouldn't classify it as depression because I don't think it's risen to that level and I don't think it's been chemically related. I realized something last week though, and before I say it, I want to be clear about something. I believe that depression is a real disease that has physical causes. I don't think that the disease of depression is caused by not trusting God or having enough faith. I realized though last week that my "blahs"were worsened by something I wasn't doing-looking to Christ and all He's done for me. How I came to that conclusion will either make you laugh or think I do need medication: I listened to the VeggieTales Easter CD. When I listened to the CD which is full of Easter songs, I was reminded of what Christ did for me on the cross and of the miracle of his Resurrection and uplifted by that. I realized that I need to remind myself of His love for me and all that He's done for me when I get down like I've been recently. Somehow, when you know that your Redeemer Lives, it makes it difficult to stay down.

No comments: